ONE WEEK UNTIL YOU CAN GO APE WITH THE DAMN DIRTY GEEKS!
Hot on the heels of the very successful fan meet up to celebrate our 2nd annual Planet of the Apes Day, the Damn Dirty Geeks are planning another APES fan gathering built around the TCM screening of the 1968 original PLANET OF THE APES on Sunday July 24th at 2pm in Burbank, CA!
UPDATE: our after-movie meet up venue will be the Story Tavern in Burbank, about a block away from the AMC Burbank 16 theater which hosts the POTA screening. If you plan to join us at or after the movie, please RSVP to this event so we can get an accurate headcount. We are only reserving restaurant space for people who RSVP to join us before Sunday.
To join in the fun:
- Purchase your movie tickets for the July 24th 2:00pm screening of PLANET OF THE APES at the AMC Burbank 16 theaters via the TCM and Fathom Events webpage.
- RSVP on our DDG Facebook event page that you’re attending our post-movie meet up gathering. Please indicate if you’re actually attending in-person so we can get an accurate headcount.
If you plan to join us, we urge you to purchase your movie tickets soon to avoid a sell-out of this 2pm screening.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDING THIS SCREENING EVENT:
- Since this TCM/Fathom Events screening of PLANET OF THE APES is open to the general public, the Damn Dirty Geeks have no control over or involvement with ticket purchases: if this 2pm screening sells out before you purchase your own ticket, you will miss seeing the movie at this particular theater.
- Movie ticket purchases to watch PLANET OF THE APES are the sole responsibility of attending guests, and seating is general admission, so first-come-first-served. Plan to arrive early at the theater for your best choice of seating, in case there is a line up before entering.
- Please call the AMC Burbank 16 theater directly at (818) 953-2932 about their costume policy before arrival, if you plan to wear any costumes, masks or prop weaponry. Attending guests are solely responsible for pre-approval from the theater on any costuming prior to admission for this screening.
- Attending the PLANET OF THE APES screening is not a requirement for joining our after-movie meet up, however. Fans are still welcome to join us for dinner after the movie at our location if you choose to skip the film.
That business out of the way, we look forward to seeing our friends and fellow fans at the movie and meet up afterward, and hope to meet more new friends attending for the first time! Set your ANSA navigation computers to arrive at Burbank, California in our future timeline… July 24th, that is!